How to derestrict a Honda Shadow VT125?

I have heard that the air intake is on backwards to limit power output but what else can be done to derestrict a VT125?

Four stroke 125cc's are not restricted. They do not make enough power to be restricted in the first place. The only 125cc's that are restricted, are generally 2 strokes. These are bikes such as the older model Aprillia RS125 (New model is 4 stroke), the Cagiva Mito 125, Yamaha DT125, Honda NSR125 etc etc.

As always, what you "… Have heard…" is utter b.s.

The VT-125 has never been restricted at all, right from 1999 when the model was launched. Honda built the engine to put out 15bhp at 11,000rpm, straight from the factory, with no restrictions in any way, shape or form. This is because the VT-125 was aimed specifically at the UK market, where learners can only ride bikes under 15.6bhp.

PERHAPS if yoiu go an italian spec VT125 engine and put that in you might get more power, but you won't legitamately get the part in this country, and it would be a fairly major job, and hgoiu ng by the fact you own a 125, outside your capapbility.

I should have a shortcut for this… If you want to go faster, buy a bigger bike.

• What is the max speed in each gear for a 2009 Honda Shadow Spirit 750? I can't find any details, even from Honda, what the maximum speed in MPH is for each of the 5 gear ratios on my 750 Shadow. Also, what is the engine redline? No factory tach and no details on what the engine is capable of turning.
  • What is the difference between a 2003 honda shadow 600 and 650? What are the differences between a 2003 honda shadow 600 and 650, I can't find any info anywhere! Besides actually engine size what is different? Are the frames different? Are the internals to the engine different in the 650? Any light shed on this would be very helpful!
  • Is a Honda Shadow VLX Deluxe a good beginners bike? Looking at a 2005 Shadow VLX Deluxe 600cc for my first bike. I'm 6' 1'' 190lbs. Just don't want to go too small and have to upgrade to soon, but don't want to die either. Don't need anything with crazy power or speed, just getting around town and some cruising.
  • Is a Honda Shadow a good beginner bike? I really want a cruiser style bike and wanted to know if thus was a good choice for beginners. I'm poor so I'll have to get a used one.